Frequently asked questions - General
1. Will I get a CD/DVD-ROM in the mail?
- Will I get a CD/DVD-ROM in the mail?
- How do I find games on Dixons Downloads?
- What are the most common problems with downloads?
- How safe is it to use my credit card online?
- How do I grade a game?
- Which browsers are supported by the website?
No, you download the game directly to your computer after the purchase is completed.
2. How do I find games on Dixons Downloads?
You can search for a game using the search bar at the top of the page. If you don't get any search results, try to search for a more general term; if you are looking for a game in the Sims series, you just need to search for "sims".
You can also find games by navigating by genre or by publisher in the left menu.
3. What are the most common problems with downloads?
To download a game you will need an internet connection and a computer that meets the game's minimum requirements. You download the game to the computer you want to install it on, you cannot transfer the game install to another computer after the download. If the game installer can't download the game you may need to change your firewall settings so that the installer can communicate with our servers.
4. How safe is it to use my credit card online?
Your card payment is secured and encrypted using SSL (Secure Sockets Layer). All traffic during the purchase process is encrypted and cannot be intercepted by anyone else.
5. How do I grade a game?
When you are a logged in member you can grade a game and write a review by going to the product's page in the store and then clicking the "Customer reviews" tab.
6. Which browsers are supported by the website?
This website is designed to work with all modern browsers, like Firefox 3 or above, Safari, Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 7 or above. We do not offer support for older browsers like Internet Explorer 6 or other browsers of that age. Using Internet Explorer 6 or another older browser may cause unexpected behaviour and lack of functionality.